Urban Area Plan is formulated to serve as a guide to development together with the control of land use of the RDA administrative area. This plan is more elaborate than the Structure Plan and contains a land use zoning map in the background of cadastral (Mouza) map apart from sectoral development proposal.
This plan is sub-divided into a number of Spatial Planning Zones (SPZ) for preparation of Detailed Area Plans. This plan will be equivalent to the Functional Master Plan concept as suggested in Section-11 of RTDA Ordinance, 1976. The duration of Urban Area Plan shall be of 10 years.
The major features of the Urban Area Plan are as follows,
- It provide primary and secondary road network;
- It will keep provision for other major physical infrastructure, like, drainage & Water supply network and flood control infrastructure at intermediate level;
- It will show central and regional open space recreation areas;
- Major social service, like education and health facilities will be indicated;
- It will give other future proposals in the form of land use including major housing, commercial and industrial proposal;
- It will provide important utility installations;
- It will indicate detailed land use of Urban Area Plan coverage;
- Sites of committed and on going major public and private sector projects;
- It will divide Urban Area Plan area into large number of Strategic Planning Zone (SPZ) where Detailed Area Plans will be prepared.
Detail Spatial Planning Zone Map